Ranch Hand…Year Round Position
We are seeking a hard-working individual to join our Circle Z family! Currently accepting applications for a year-round ranch hand for our historic guest ranch with position beginning ASAP. The successful candidates will have a minimum of 5 years of ranch related experience, with a love of ranch life, desire for physical work outdoors, and the personality to excel in customer service.
Applicants must email a resume, with references included, to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position requires excellent physical condition and stamina. Hours tend to be irregular and long. Extended periods of work without time off may be required.
The Circle Z Ranch operates as a guest ranch from October to April. During the off season when the ranch is closed to guests, the ranch hand will help to manage cattle and horses, do fencing repairs, train horses and general property upkeep. During the guest season the ranch hands position also includes the daily operations of our guest riding program and grounds.
Job duties include but are not limited to: independently providing daily care for all ranch animals; watering, feeding, grooming, tacking for daily trail rides, routine and emergency medical care for horses. Candidate must have extensive experience and high proficiency in horse handling, training and horse shoeing. In addition, the candidate must have experience in the construction and repair of fences, general plumbing, light vehicle maintenance and other ranch repairs as they present. Must also have experience operating a tractor and pulling a horse trailer. The ranch hand position will need to work closely with and report to management and to work positively with other employees.
We will consider a couple in this position, if the partner has sufficient expertise to suite our needs in guest services The guest services position is approximately 8 months a year, will begin in September of 2021, and requires flexibility in accomplishing multiple tasks throughout the day. Depending on the ranches needs and the strengths of the applicant, this position may also be year round. Depending on skills of applicant and needs of the ranch, the duties for this position include but are not limited to; assisting in kitchen/dining services, assisting in housekeeping, assisting at the corrals and horseback riding operations, and office duties.
All Circle Z employees will be expected to continue to follow guidelines regarding the safety and precautions of COVID-19-Novel-Coronavirus.
Each and every employee plays a key role in providing an unforgettable experience to each of our guests!
REQUIRED SKILLS FOR RANCH HAND
- Horse shoeing
- Operate heavy machinery
- Basic doctoring of horses
- Horse training
- Able to operate a stick shift
- Proficient in driving and pulling horse trailers
- Tacking horses
- Ability to learn trails on vast property
- Safe operation of hand tools
- Operating Chain Saw
- Light Welding
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Tack repair and maintenance
- Trail Maintenance and brush clearing
- Light carpentry skills
- Maintaining irrigation and knowledge of water lines
- Operating a mower
- Able to take direction from supervisor and to work independently
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES
- Building repairs
- Assisting with feeding, grooming and saddling horses
- Independently providing daily care for ranch animals
- Treat horse for minor injuries and vaccinate, etc.
- Shoeing horses as needed
- Leading trail rides
- Training horses
- Clearing trees and debris from trails
- Developing Trails as needed
SALARY AND EXPECTATIONS
- We provide a 2- bedroom, 2- bath home, utilities included, with stables and small pasture.
- Salary based on experience
- Two week paid vacation yearly to start
- Standing, walking, horseback riding, lifting up to 150 lbs., climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, seeing, speaking, and hearing. Must be able to reach with arms extended above head for periods of time.
- Current Drivers License
- The position requires excellent physical condition and stamina. Hours tend to be irregular and long. Extended periods of work without time off may be required.
- Able to work over the major holidays
- On call 24/7 for emergencies
- Must attend all required staff meetings and trainings
- Respect and follow the policies of the ranch and to protect the private nature of the ranch
- The ability to speak clearly and affectively with Supervisors, other staff, and ranch guests
- Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time, without notice. The specific requirements, duties and skills set forth in this job description is intended to be all-inclusive as of the date this document is prepared. However, this job description may not contain all the duties, Physical requirements, and skills that you may be asked to perform during the period of time you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not guarantee that you will perform any or all these duties.