Groundskeeper/Maintenance - Circle Z Ranch
The Groundskeeper and Maintenance position at Circle Z Ranch for the 2019-2020 guest season begins on Monday, September 30th, 2019 and ends mid-April 2020.
Circle Z Ranch is seeking a Groundskeeper that can meet our high standards of exemplary customer service and cleanliness. Our grounds are maintained to feel like a desert oasis and maintenance issues are taken care of promptly so as not to inconvenience our guests. Strong work ethic, along with a friendly and energetic personality are a must for this position.
The Groundskeeper and Maintenance position will require exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and the ability to maintain our standards.
- Maintain grounds by mowing lawns, trimming, raking around ranch cottages and buildings, planting flowers, weeding, fertilizing, and spraying for insects
- Irrigate lawns with plug in sprinklers and draglines
- Water plants and flower beds
- Maintain swimming pool by checking chemicals, temperature, and covering and uncovering as needed
- Cut and stack firewood
- Collect trash from assigned areas and dump in trash trailer on a daily basis
- Perform small plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry repair tasks
- Repair and paint blemishes in ranch cottages and buildings
- Assist Housekeeping personnel by moving heavy items when needed
- Assist with special functions of the ranch such as trailer rides, picnics, hayrides, and chuck wagon rides
- Wash dishes as needed on a rotational basis
- Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
- Attend staff and department meetings
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic electrical, carpentry, mechanical, and plumbing skills
- Ability to be flexible and follow direction from supervisor
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions
- Excellent physical condition and stamina to work irregular and long hours
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs
Working Conditions for the Groundskeeper and Maintenance position:
- Working outdoors in all types of weather
- Standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 60lbs, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Working with mowers, weed whackers, tools, equipment, and other machinery
- Working weekends, nights, and holidays
- Extended periods of work without time off may be required
The specific requirements, duties and skills set forth in this job description are intended to be all inclusive as of date this document is prepared. Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time. This job description may not contain all the duties you may be asked to perform during the period you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not a guarantee that you will perform any of these duties.