Welcome to Circle Z Ranch! We are honored you have chosen us for your ranch vacation. Here are a few important points to keep in mind as you prepare for your visit.
- We will email you electronic waivers one week before your arrival.
- All electronic waivers/addendums for yourself and/or others in your party must be submitted prior to your arrival.
- We will be sending out your payment request 2 weeks prior to your stay and ask that you be fully paid prior to your arrival.
- Check-in time is between 4 pm and 6 pm on Sunday and Wednesday. We ask later arrivals to please contact the office prior.
- The ranch gate code is: 6591, please call 1-520-394-2525 with any questions.
- Upon arrival, please make the lodge your first visit, do not go directly to your room or other buildings.
- Check-out time is 9 am on Sunday, unless otherwise arranged, and 2 pm on Thursday for the short stays
Climate/What to Bring
- The weather at Circle Z is generally sunny and mild but can be unpredictable. Be sure to check the weather forecast before your arrival.
- Please pack face masks or face coverings, gloves, hand sanitizer, riding boots, hat, water bottles and sun block.
- We will provide saddle horn bags, slickers, and helmets.
- Please visit the section on our website “Planning for your trip…What to bring” for more details
- Smoking is prohibited in all indoor spaces, including guest rooms, cantina, lodge, rec room.
- Smoking is prohibited in all outdoor common areas, including the corrals, cantina porch and out on the trails.
- There is one designated location between Casa Rosa and Hill House for those who choose to smoke.
- Please be courteous of others and their sensitivities.
- We do not allow pets on the ranch except for service dogs.
Horseback Riding/ Orientation
- We have a rider weight limit of 275 pounds
- All riding is at the discretion of the ranch
- Riding is a physical activity requiring a certain level of fitness. If a guest has any physical limitations they may not be able to ride. Please discuss when you make your reservations if you have any concerns.
- We pride ourselves in providing an unparalleled horseback riding experience while maintaining safety as our number one concern.
- New guest Ranch orientation is at 6 pm on Sunday. Monday morning, there will be a mandatory horseback riding orientation for all new guests. The Monday morning orientation takes place at the arena on horseback
- Guests are required to wear a stampede string on their cowboy hats
- Please be ready to discuss your horseback riding experience so we can provide the horse which is the best fit for you.
- You will meet with Miko, the ranch foreman prior to riding.
- The first ride is always a walking ride.
- We have scheduled horseback riding lessons (TBA) 3 times during the week.
- Lessons can cover basic riding skills, loping, and other needs.
- We offer a variety of rides throughout the week such as morning and afternoon rides, trailer rides, picnic rides, horse games, etc.
- Smooth soled boots with one-inch heels required.
- Bring boots, gloves, water bottles, and to the corals
- If you would like to groom your horse, please schedule ahead with Miko.
- We offer walking rides, and medium loping rides.
- All riding is at the discretion of Foreman and Managers.
Children and Riding
- Children must be 6 years or older to ride.
- Parents may need to accompany their children on rides.
- We offer family rides.
- We do not offer babysitting services, please ensure a guardian is available to supervise children after their ride.
- Children up to the age of 17 must wear helmets.
In keeping with ranch simplicity, here are a few things to keep in mind when preparing for you tripThere are no televisions in the rooms or in any common area.
- Wi-Fi is only available in the Cantina.
- Our broadband Is extremely limited, so streaming and downloading is often not an option.
- We have a computer and printer in the business area of the cantina for printing boarding documents.
- Cell phone service may be limited depending on your carrier.
- Cell phone use is not allowed in the dining room or on the riding trails, except for photos.
- We serve 3 delicious meals per day, except for Sundays, when we serve breakfast and dinner only.
- We are happy to accommodate special diets, birthdays, and anniversary celebrations. Please let us know 2 weeks in advance of any requests.
- All meals are full-service buffet style.
- You will have the option to take your meal in a to-go container for outdoor or in-room dining.
- Please check your itinerary for mealtimes.
- Dinner attire is western casual. Please do not wear t-shirts, sweatpants, or shorts.
- Riding clothes are permitted during breakfast and lunch.
Cantina/ BYOB Cocktails
- We do not have a liquor license, so all alcohol is BYOB. There are stores in Patagonia (4 miles), Nogales (13 miles), and Sonoita (12 miles).
- You will have a cubby available in the Cantina for your liquor. A large refrigerator is also available for cold drinks.
- The cantina is an Adult Only place, no one under the age of 18 is allowed in the Cantina or on the porch.
- We provide mixers and individually packaged snacks.
- If you are traveling by air, Tucson International Airport is 75 miles away and Phoenix Sky Harbor is located 175 miles away.
- We do not offer ground transportation to and from the Ranch.
- We strongly encourage guests to rent their own vehicle.
- We can provide you with the contact information of a local shuttle driver that arranges transportation to and from Tucson International Airport.
Deposits and Cancellations
- A 25% deposit is required when booking your stay. We accept personal checks, all major credit cards, and Paypal.
- For reservations cancelled prior to 90 days of the arrival date, a full refund of the deposit will be made, less 5% if deposit was made on a credit card.
- For cancellations within 90 days of the arrival date, no portion of the collected deposit will be refunded.
- Reservations must be paid in full one week prior to your arrival date.
- Credit will not be given for shortened stays or absences during a stay.
- Circle Z highly recommends the purchase of Trip Cancellation Insurance. Check out http://www.TravelGuard.com or Call 1-866-833-8784 for all your questions
- We are open for guests during Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
- During these holiday weeks we only offer the 7-day stays.
- 4-day stays are not available during these holiday weeks.
- The goal of all our staff is to exceed your expectations in their service while you are at the ranch.
- Gratuities are welcomed but are not expected by our staff.
- If your service has been exemplary you are welcom to add an extra % to your total at the end of your stay, of which we will divide amongst all staff.
Our priority is to ensure a ranch vacation for our guests that is beyond compare, and that our guests and staff have limited exposure to transmittable illnesses. Though our guests will find themselves outdoors during most of their vacation, there is indoor contact during meals in the Lodge and at our Cantina social hour. For our 2023-2024 season, we will ask the following:
- We ask that all guests comply with Circle Z Ranch’s terms and conditions for participation as regards to protection against infectious diseases, which include (and are subject to change at Circle Z Ranch’s absolute discretion)
- Regardless of guests vaccination status, all guests are asked to have a negative Covid-19 home test within 24 hours of their visit to the ranch
- Guests are asked to bring a home Covid-19 test to the ranch in case they become ill
- Guests may be asked to wear masks in indoor settings as the need arises