The Kitchen Aide position at Circle Z Ranch for the 2019-2020 guest season begins on Monday, October 21st, 2019 and ends mid-April 2020.
Circle Z Ranch is seeking a Kitchen Aide that can meet our high standards of exemplary customer service and cleanliness. We serve a variety of cuisines and special diets including, but not limited to, Hypoallergenic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Asian, Mexican, and Italian. Attention to detail, along with a friendly and energetic personality are a must for this position.
The Kitchen Aide position will require exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as the ability to maintain our standards.
- Wash dishes for crew, guests, and kitchen according to procedure
- Clean dishwashing area thoroughly every day
- Sweep and mop kitchen floors
- Spray clean kitchen mats outside
- Comply with Santa Cruz County Health Department requirements
- Build a fire in Lodge living room prior to each meal and tend that fire
- Build a fire in Cantina at 5:30 pm
- Clean both fire places on Sunday and throughout the day as needed
- Ensure plenty of firewood is available for guests in Lodge
- Keep front porch and back patio swept
- Assist with special functions of the ranch such as trailer rides, picnics, hayrides, and chuck wagon rides
- Vacuum artificial grass as needed
- Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
- Attend staff and department meetings.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to be flexible and follow direction from supervisor
- Strong and positive communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions
- Excellent physical condition and stamina to work irregular and long hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Working Conditions for the Kitchen Aide position:
- Standing for long periods of time, lifting, reaching, stooping
- Working indoors and outdoors occasionally in inclement weather
- Working with sharp kitchen implements, appliances, and equipment
- Working with and around high temperatures from ovens, stoves, grills, food warmers, and other kitchen appliances
- Working weekends, nights, and holidays
- Extended periods of work without time off may be required
The specific requirements, duties and skills set forth in this job description are intended to be all inclusive as of date this document is prepared. Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time. This job description may not contain all the duties you may be asked to perform during the period you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not a guarantee that you will perform any of these duties.