Prep Cook - Circle Z Ranch
The Prep Cook position at Circle Z Ranch for our 2021-2022 season begins on Mid-October, 2021 and ends mid-April 2022.
Circle Z Ranch is seeking a Prep Cook that can meet our high standards of delicious, homemade meals. We serve a variety of cuisines and special diets including, but not limited to, Hypoallergenic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Asian, Mexican, and Italian. We provide an assortment of tried and true Circle Z recipes that are the building blocks for our weekly menus.
The Prep Cook position will require exceptional communication and organization skills, as well as the ability to perform multiple culinary skills including cooking, baking, prepping, and planning.
- Assist with preparations of baked goods from scratch daily for ranch guests and staff (30 – 70 individuals)
- Assist in prep for other meals as directed
- Ensure proper presentation of meals and hors d’oeuvres
- Prep for twice weekly cookouts
- Prepare sack lunches for guests’ all-day rides
- Comply with Santa Cruz County Health Department requirements
- Review food costs with supervisor and maintain budgetary expectations
- Plan and communicate inventory needs with Head Chef and supervisor
- Check quality of food and supplies
- Responsible for kitchen cleanliness including washing of pots and pans in cook cleaning station
- Leave kitchen clean and ready for the next shift
- Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
- Attend staff and department meetings
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years’ experience cooking and baking in guest ranches or restaurants
- Culinary Arts certificate
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to use technology to communicate, plan, and order provisions
- Excellent physical condition and stamina to work irregular and long hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Food Handler’s Certificate (Circle Z Ranch will provide this training if hired)
Working Conditions for the Baker and Prep Cook position include:
- Standing for long periods of time, lifting, reaching, stooping
- Working with and around sharp kitchen implements, appliances, and equipment
- Working with and around high temperatures from ovens, stoves, grills, and other kitchen appliances
- Working weekends, nights, and holidays
- Extended periods of work without time off may be required
The specific requirements, duties and skills set forth in this job description are intended to be all inclusive as of date this document is prepared. Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time. This job description may not contain all the duties you may be asked to perform during the period you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not a guarantee that you will perform any of these duties.