The Server position at Circle Z Ranch for the 2019-2020 guest season begins on Monday, October 21st, 2019 and ends mid-April 2020.
Circle Z Ranch is seeking a Server that can meet our high standards of exemplary customer service and cleanliness. We serve a variety of cuisines and special diets including, but not limited to, Hypoallergenic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Asian, Mexican, and Italian. Attention to detail, along with a friendly and energetic personality are a must for this position.
The Server position will require exceptional communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to maintain our standards.
- Prompt preparation of dining areas for meals including tables, buffets, and Cantina as directed by lead and supervisor
- Take meal orders from guests when serving short order breakfast
- Serve meals and beverages to guests
- Comply with Santa Cruz County Health Department requirements
- Clear dining areas after meals
- Clean dining room, servery, cantina, and lodge including living room, porch, and bathroom (washing, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, window washing)
- Organize and clean servery closets and appliances
- Pack provisions for all day rides and picnics
- Wash dishes as needed on a rotational basis
- Supervise younger guests during evening meal as needed on a rotational basis
- Assist with food prep as needed
- Efficiently adjust to last minute changes
- Attend staff and department meetings
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years serving experience
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Excellent physical condition and stamina to work irregular and long hours
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Food Handler’s Certificate (Circle Z Ranch will provide this training if hired)
Working Conditions for the Server position:
- Standing for long periods of time, lifting, reaching, stooping
- Working indoors and outdoors occasionally in inclement weather
- Working with sharp kitchen implements, appliances, and equipment
- Working with and around high temperatures from ovens, stoves, grills, food warmers, and other kitchen appliances
- Working weekends, nights, and holidays
- Extended periods of work without time off may be required
The specific requirements, duties and skills set forth in this job description are intended to be all inclusive as of date this document is prepared. Circle Z Ranch reserves the right to modify this job description at any time. This job description may not contain all the duties you may be asked to perform during the period you work at the ranch. Further, the job description is not a guarantee that you will perform any of these duties.